This week in Review

July in DC — Weather has been weird this year.  It is almost the end of July and we have had very few days in the 90’s.  With all the rain we had in June, we’ve not had much in July — I finally broke down and watered the lawn this past week.  I’ve been watering the tomatoes and other tender plants by hand, but the grass is getting a bit brittle.  A couple of days ago the dogs insisted on going out at 5:30 AM, and it was actually cold – well it was in the low 60’s, but it felt cold(er).
Preschool Board is meeting tomorrow, so I spent today working on June Financials.  This is the end of the Fiscal year and I cannot do a full report until I get a number of statements, bills & deposits, but I got what I had together.  Then in August I start preparing for the Audit — FUN!
I can’t remember being stung by bees/wasps/hornets before, but this past week I got hit twice.  First time, I think it was a yellow jacket making a home in the anti-squirrel guard on one of the bird feeders and I hit it with one of the weeds I was wacking.  I went in, took a Clariten & iced it – minor irritation.  The next one, I was minding my own business, in the middle of the back yard with the dogs and – ouch! – I didn’t see it, but I sure felt it.  I took a Clariten, but continued working outside for about 45 minutes before I came in and iced the sting.  By the end of the day I had a swollen forearm, redness & pain – sharp when I moved my wrist.  More Ice – Benedryl every 4 hours – verified no stinger.  48 hours later it is down to a minor irritation.
M’s Mother’s Update:  She’s progressing and recovering from her surgery & staph infection.  Even tho all the tests have said no cancer (other than lymphoma), her doctor wants to do a lot more (invasive) investigation into her lungs – he’s positive she has lung cancer.  The family has decided no more tests at this time, expecially no more surgery.  She needs to gain some strength.  They may look to having a second opinion before doing anything more.
KC Update:  Still on drops and pills, but no longer has the Eliz.Collar – which makes him happy.  He’s free to ‘resume normal activity,’ which for him includes long walks with B.  So, weather permitting, they have started taking longer morning & evening walks.  KC seems to be a bit hesitant in new surroundings – kinda like he is ‘remapping’ his neighborhood — seeing how it looks with only one eye.  But he’s adjusting quickly and is really enjoying getting back out.  There are some warning signs we have to keep an eye out for, but he seems to be recovering nicely.

About Quiltmouse

I am retired. I love to quilt. I make charity quilts as well as quilts for my friends & family.
This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

Share your Comment with Me - Leave a Comment without Logging in click on "Change"

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s