Top is Completed! Finally took a break from the Preschool Audit to finish putting the borders on the Baby Quilt that I finished piecing at Quilt Camp a month ago. I need to calculate yardage for the backing and purchase it before it is complete.
The kit was for one Baby Quilt, but it only had 3 color combinations which really didn’t give me enough colors. So I purchased 2 more color combinations (light/medium/dark of each color). This gave me an abundance of blocks – enough to make two Baby Quilts. This is #1 — I used all the colors and created a random "pattern." Baby Quilt #2 used 4 colors and created a cascading affect. That one is not put together yet. Will have to set aside a day to work on it.
Traditionally, the Tumbling Blocks requires stitching a "Y" seam. This pattern uses strip piecing & cutting to create 1/2 blocks which are combined in vertical rows (or columns) which, when stitched all together, completes the tumbling block pattern.