It is finally here! This is the week of the Blog Tour celebrating Quiltmakers 100 Blocks Vol. 7.
Why am I so excited? I’m excited because I was part of this publication. In October a group of us began testing/proofing the patterns for the 100 blocks in this issue. We were broken down into smaller groups – Mine was Group #1 – that had 4 testers. Each week or so we were given a pattern of a block to make. After making it, we submitted a picture of our completed block along with an evaluation giving any comments we had. Our group tested 13 blocks.
This was a fun process, but unfortunately, we had to keep our projects a secret. That is until now!
During the Blog Tour, each day, Quiltmaker will highlight a number of the blocks and their designers. Each designer will also have a blog post sharing their block, and maybe showing quilts, wall hangings or table runners using their block.
This is truly a Party! There will be issues of Vol. 7 given away and prize bundles to be won.
Today’s Featured Designers
- Jennifer Ofenstein sewhooked.com
- Nancy Mahoney nancymahoney.com/blog
- Jo & Kelli Kramer joscountryjunction.com
- Marilyn Foreman quiltmoments.wordpress.com
- Michelle May theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com
- Jennifer Schifano Thomas curlicuecreations.blogspot.com
- Sandi Colwell quiltcabanapatterns.com/blog
- Erin Russek erinrussek.typepad.com
- Peg Spradlin handicraftsbypeg.com
- Deanne Eisenman snugglesquilts.com/blog
- Gail Pan gailpandesigns.typepad.com
- Jacquelynne Steves thenoblewife.blogspot.com
I tested a block from one of these Designers – #2 Nancy Mahoney. She named her block “Emerald Isle.”
This is the block that Nancy made. It is Block #620 on page 31. It is a paper pieced pattern. I haven’t made too many blocks using paper piecing. The first one I did was a kite pattern for our grandson.
Now, this is the block I made using Nancy’s pattern.
I’ve got so much more to share, but for now, why don’t you check out the Featured Designers. Maybe you’ll find a block you might want to make!