I’m busy today doing some non-quilting activity. I’d rather be quilting! But I wanted to share with you something. The Block Testers were asked if we were interested in making a quilt for this issue. I answered yes! There are 11 quilts that were made by Testers that were included.
The Assignment: To make a Quilt that
- Used a minimum of three different blocks which we tested for Vol. 7;
- Had a minimum of 9 total blocks;
- Was made from fabric we were given which included the top and backing;
- Had a label & hanging sleeve;
- Was completed and sent to Quiltmaker’s headquarters in Golden, Colorado by the end of February;
- Would be photographed and included in Vol. 7;
- Would be displayed at their headquarters this summer.
My Quilt –
- Has 3 different blocks that I tested – I tried them out on my Design Wall (aka – Flannel Blanket hung outside my sewing room)
- Has a total of 12 blocks plus 3 borders which resulted in a 69” x 83” quilt. I even mitered the 3 borders!
- Was made with fabric by Quilting Treasures named “Monkey Around” Designed by Bethany Shackelford;
- Has a Label (Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy, but you get the idea);
- Was delivered on 2/28/2013. The deadline was a challenge for me. I couldn’t begin to make the quilt until we had tested several blocks and I could pick out blocks to go with the fabric. I started the quilt January 17th and finished it February 24th.
- Is pictured on page 90 (lower right corner) – I named it “Fancy Tales;”
- Along with the other quilts made for Vol. 7 will be on display from June 1st – August 31st, 2013. I wish we were closer so we could go and see them!
Pic – Front & Back
And, of course, what well dressed quilt would be complete without a matching Pillowcase! (Sorry, It needed ironing!)
Here is a picture of the Finished Quilt Top before adding the batting/backing & quilting it. It is laid out on a Queen-size bed.
It was fun to make this quilt!