Ok, well I’m a couple of days late. Hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas and a safe New Year celebration. It is hard to believe that another year has passed.
Many of the bloggers I follow have spent the past couple of days reviewing 2013 and discussing what will be coming in the next 365 days. I don’t think I’ll do a review of the past.
I’ve been wondering about what to do with my blog. I love sharing my quilting adventures, but recently a number of my projects are not share-able, which makes it hard to write about what I’m doing.
This coming year, I hope, will be filled with many new and lots of old activities. Trying to be a bit more organized, I’ve started using One Note, to help keep me straight.
So here is how I’ve got it outlined so far:
1. Quilting For Good – Monthly meeting with a group of quilters making baby quilts for Mary’s Center, Washington, D.C. My goal last year was to make 13 quilts, but that got way-laid by my shoulder surgery. So I will just say I plan on making as many as I can in 2014.
2. Fabric Café – I truly enjoy working with Donna & Robert and look forward to a continued relationship. I will share with you the tops I make for them to display at their booth at the various Quilt Shows they attend.
3. Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Testing – I am currently testing for their Volume #9 which will be issued sometime this Spring. Although I cannot share my work while making the blocks, I will post during their Blog Tour.
4. I am participating in the Wishes Quilt Along sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop and is supporting the Make a Wish Foundation. I purchased their fabric kit and it should arrive January 8th. The first of the month a new block will be made available and by December we will have enough blocks for a Sampler Quilt Top.
5. There is a BOM which is sponsored by Quilter’s Newsletter and is a mystery that is designed in support of the Quilted in Honor program, a quilting community effort that benefits Operation Homefront. Each month there will be a new block issued. I’ve been wanting a Red, White & Blue quilt so I’m thinking this will be the one.
6. Pillowcases – Whenever I can, I plan on making some pillowcases for the local hospital in support of ConKerr Cancer-A Case for Smiles .
7. The biggest list is my projects for Family/Friends & Gifts. I have a number of projects that are near finishing including 6 that need backing/quilting/binding. We have a grandson, grandniece and 2 grandnephews, plus two new baby neighbors (a boy born 10/28 & a girl born 12/28 – I call them our ‘neighborhood grands.’ So I think there will be a number of projects in this list!
So, do you think I have enough to keep me busy!?!
In addition to my sewing/quilting, I hope to share my adventures visiting Quilt Shops, Quilt Shows and Quilt Retreats.
I’m thinking I will add two new features to my Blog.
First, I like following quilting/sewing bloggers and will share with you links to fun & interesting free projects that I find. I may not have had a change to try out the patterns, but if/when I do, I will share these on my Blog.
Second, I enjoy cooking and follow a number of food bloggers. I will add links to recipes I’ve tried and give some insight as to what I’ve done different.
So join me on my journey into the next 361 days of 2014 and see where it takes us!