Summer is here. Days are longer. There is so much more to do and not enough hours in the day to get it all done!
- Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks – Blocks #4 – 8 have been tested & evaluated. We’ve been testing blocks using appliqué, paper piecing, English Paper Piecing & regular piecing.
Some of the fabric I’ve been using includes these.
- Fabric Café – We’ve been busy working on a book with eight patterns, new individual patterns to edit and tops to piece.
I made tops out of these fabrics for 4 new patterns which will be released soon.
I’ll post some pictures next week.
- Family & Friends – I had the joy of babysitting Miss Emma one night. Unfortunately she went to bed shortly after I got there, but before bedtime we read some books, played with some blocks and she enjoyed the pillow I made her.
This was a block taken from one of the patterns I’ve made for Fabric Café – Perfect Pets.
I worked on a quilt for our Grandson. I’ve added the borders to the panel and cut the backing. I need to assemble the sandwich and quilt it.
- In the Mail –
Here’s some one-yard cuts which will be used to make pillowcases or quilts that I bought on sale at the Old Country Store Fabrics in PA.
I also picked up some sale fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop. This is a mini jelly roll (28 – 2-1/2” strips) and 2 packs of 6 – 1 yard cuts. Pillowcases or quilts?
I couldn’t resist this kit (and backing) for a little man I know.
- Shopping – OK, not from a quilt shop, but my DH replenished my supply of Painter’s tape. I use this to mark my rulers, and for straight-line quilting.
I think it was on Facebook, I saw a hint to use this dual suction cup lifter to safely hold my acrylic rulers when rotary cutting. My daughter stopped by Harbor Freight to pick one up for me – on sale for $6.99! It is a bit larger than the one sold for quilters, but was cheaper.
The Row by Row Experience started Sunday, June 21st. This is a fun shop hop that includes more shops in the US and Canada than the 1250 that participated in 2014. It runs from 6/21 through 9/8 and has free patterns, kits, license plates, fabric & prizes.
I had fun finding new shops last year. I may not do as much this year as a large number of the free patterns involve appliqué and that just isn’t something I am fond of. But I will probably pick up a few. I did stop by my LQS – Capital Quilts and picked up their free pattern and bought the kit and license plate.
I also picked up a couple of yards of cute Hippo fabric. I have a small quilt in mind that this will be perfect for the backing and pillowcase.
Earlier in the month I made a run to Capital Quilts and picked up some Batiks for a Quiltmaker’s block,
some fusible – I’ve been doing a fair amount of appliqué lately, and a few odds and ends. I’ve found some patterns using mesh fabric, so picked up a package to try it.
- Stitching For Good – The month started with our group of stitchers meeting at G Street Fabrics to work on various projects for Charity.
Bead Bags of Courage, Pillowcases, Rag Quilts, Pieced Quilts – we were very busy!
Well, it’s been a busy month and I feel that I did get quite a bit accomplished. July promises to be even busier!