I’ve been being kept busy, but I did get some time to check out a few blogs. One subject kept popping up, so I thought I’d share what I found about a pressure foot called – Walking Foot.
- Walking Foot & Stitch in the Ditch – Craftsy’s blog shares information on using a Walking Foot to Quilt using the Stitch in the Ditch method.
OK – do you know what a Walking Foot is or where a “Ditch” is on a Quilt?
- More about Walking Feet – Some machines have a built in walking foot, while others have it as an accessory. Have you ever wondered about those little rods that came with it? This blog post shares
I think my walking foot is on my machine almost as much as the 1/4” foot I use for piecing.
- Walking Foot – Take #3 – Heather of The Sewing Loft discusses her walking foot.
Isn’t it funny, that when you see something on the Internet, you turn around, and find others are talking about it, too!
- Are all rulers the same? – I’ve heard it said to always use the same ruler when cutting out pieces for a quilt. Recently the American Sewing Guild’s Blog discusses this issue. I am thinking I’d better keep a closer eye on my rulers.
Are there differences between a plastic or a fabric tape measure? How about acrylic rulers from different manufacturers? Can using different rulers affect the outcome of your quilt?
- How to Bury Your Thread Ends when Quilting – We All Sew (dot) com recently gave this hint for hiding a thread tail that is too short to to re-thread into a needle.
I have caught myself in this situation when stitching.
That’s all I’ve found this week. I’d better get back to the sewing room.