The Mary-Thon had two Corrals – one was January – June and the 2nd one was July – December. Each had a few extra weeks to allow for missing a week or two. The Half Mary-Thon required a commitment of at least 30 minutes a day for 3 days each week, while the Full Mary-Thon was 5 days a week. I chose to begin with 3 days a week, but often did more.
To complete an Ultra Mary-Thon, we had to participate in and complete both Corrals. We were allowed a few weeks missed, so the 2nd Corral was only 22 weeks. This required completing 48 weeks of activities for the Ultra Half or Ultra Full Mary-Thon
My exercise of choice for the first corral was mostly the Treadmill, and for the second corral was a combination PT/Walking/Exercise Bike.
My Final Stats:
- Mary-Thon Corral #1 – Completed 26 weeks January to June of a minimum of 30 minutes of activity for 3 days a week. A lot of this was 30-45 minutes a day on the Treadmill.
- Summer Challenge – Completed 1 mile/day (26 miles) in 26 Days
- Total Exercise Miles – 42 miles (23 days on the Treadmill)
- Total Days – 26 days out of 27 days (June 20 – July 16)
- Average Daily Steps – 6470
- Average Daily Miles – 3.6
- Ultra Mary-Thon Corral #2 – Completed 22 weeks July to December of a minimum of 30 minutes of activity for at least 3 days a week. This included 13 weeks of Physical Therapy for back/hip/knee pain.
- Winter Challenge – Completed 1 mile/day (26 miles) for 26 Days
- Total Exercise Miles – 70 miles
- Exercise Bike – 62 miles
- Walking – 8 miles
- Total Days – 26 days out of 27 days (November 26 – December 22)
- Average Daily Steps – 5050
- Average Daily Miles – 4.66
We’re getting ready to begin the 2018 Mary-Thon. Official Start Date of Corral #1: January 15, 2018, but Early Birds can start January 1st. It’s not too late to join us. For more information and registration Click Here. You will be doing something good for yourself while a portion of the registration fee goes to support Project Linus.
I’m a Finisher! Thank you to Mary Bakunowicz Balagna of Project Linus for organizing this and giving everyone so much encouragement, and thank you to all of the participants & encouragers on the Mary-Thon Facebook Page.
Happy Stitching (and Moving)!