It’s hard to believe that it is already June! In the breaks between the multiple rain showers and thunderstorms, my DH has been working on the yard, planting flowers & spreading mulch, and generally making the yard look great. The weather this year has been on again/off again, sometimes cold when it should be hot and hot when it should be cold. March winds came in April, and April showers came in May. This resulted in yardwork schedule being off. But he did get some tomatoes, peppers & squash planted.
I’m still working to try and organize my sewing space, but that means moving things around and sorting. This just won’t happen in a day or even in a single weekend. I don’t want to miss out on my sewing time, so it’s going in stages. I’m afraid it may be a never ending story.
To help me keep up with my stitching time, in addition to working with Donna, at Fabric Cafe, testing patterns and making tops for her display quilts, I’m trying to pick up with two online activities which I started a bit ago – OMG (One Monthly Goal) and 2018 UFO Challenge (Unfinished Objects). I wrote about my first OMG here, and the 2018 UFO Challenge here.
- For the month of June, we are to work on UFO #11 from our list. For me, this is a Table Topper which was started in the Fall 2016. This was a Mystery Quilt Along with Carole on her Blog From My Carolina Home – 2016 Autumn Jubilee, There were a number of options and I chose to do a Table Topper.
You can see what others are making by going to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal June Linkup.
- Finish Binding & labeling 3 Quilts. I have a number of quilts waiting to be finished and I hope to get three of them completed.
Other items on my To Do List:
- Test Patterns for Fabric Cafe’s newest book
- Reinforce Zippers on 4 Tote Bags
- Mini Quilt, Mug Rugs to match 2016 Autumn Jubilee Table Topper
- Piece a 9-Patch Star Patriotic Table Runner
I may be optimistic, but hoping I’ll get a good amount of sewing in this month. We’ll see.
Happy Stitching & Moving!