The past 19 months have kept us very busy and hasn’t allowed much quilting/sewing. The end of September and probably most of October won’t allow much stitching, either. I want to get some simple stitching done in the next few weeks as well as sharing what I have done in the past year.
To begin with, I’ll make a simple stitching Goal for Elm Street Quilt’s September’s One Monthly Goal.
One of my Local Quilt Shops (LQS) is Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg, MD. I am pleased that they are very community minded. Their program is called Capital Quilts Cares, and you can see on their site the variety of projects they support.
For my OMG in September, I picked up a few Small Kennel Quilt kits when I donated some left over batting. In their newsletter they mentioned their stock pile of these small kennel quilts has been depleted because of continuing needs. The small quilts are donated to give animal shelter residents something warm to cuddle. Nothing super complicated, and simple stitching – definitely a quickie project I should be able to get completed.
A few other sewing related activities that I hope to accomplish in September include:
- As always, some cleaning in my sewing room is necessary before I tackle too many projects.
- Cutting/prepping some pillowcase kits, and maybe even sewing some.
- Cutting/prepping some Fall Placemat kits for quick stitching later.
- Applying binding to one or two quilts
- Finish Hand Stitching a binding on a Queen Topper Quilt.
Here’s to getting a little bit of time stitching this month!
Happy Stitching & Moving!