It’s been a while, I know. April was busy preparing and attending the Spring Quilt Retreat. May included a week of play dates with a 21-month-old neighbor. June’s days were spent traveling (including a bowling date with our grandson), and 2 weeks of play dates with a 21-month-old neighbor.
I did get some stitching done in June. Before our trip to see our grandson, I made him an 18″ Reading Pillow with a pocket & handle, plus an Art Supply Bag filled with a matching Zipper Pouch with colored markers, glue stick & wavy scissors along with a sketch pad & some construction paper. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.
Later in the month I made travel pillows for two neighbor children. The farm animals was for the nearly 2 year-old who loves to read, identify animals & make the appropriate sounds – Moo, Baa & Quack. His older brother will be starting kindergarten in the fall & recently went to orientation. The school’s mascot is the sea turtle & I found this cute sea turtle fabric.
July will include a couple of play dates, one or two day trips, but the remaining of the month I’m hoping to spend a lot of time in my sewing room.
Still working on building my sewing mojo, I’ve been making lists of projects I want to work on.
- UFO – Unfinished Objects (will share in my next post)
- OMG – One Monthly Goal (will share in my next post)
- PL 2017 & 2018 – Project Linus Quilts – will try to make at least 3 blocks (1 for 2018 & 2 for 2017)
- FQS Threadology – I was doing good to keep up, but fell behind. I need to finish five 6″ blocks & work on layout & borders. I want to add onto it to make this queen size.
- FQS Table Runner Club – Again, I’m behind & have 2 tops to piece.
- Hand Pieced QAL – I’m finding it more & more difficult to see my stitches, so have slowed down, but am still working on this.
- Miscellaneous Projects – Pillowcases, Zipper Pouches, Bowl Cozies, reusable Snack Bags and whatever jumps off the screen that interests me. Lol! Sorry, I’m easily distracted!
I guess i have a lot to keep me busy. I will be happy as long as I continue to move ahead & get some progress done.