After finishing the two tops for Fabric Cafe and getting them in the mail, I returned to working on Stage #1 of my Sewing Room Remodel/Organization.
First, I went through several boxes of odd fabric: some polyester, old sheets, ticking, ugly fleece, denim, canvas, and duck. Some of this was taken by my daughter for her dogs. I packed the denim, canvas and duck away for possible future projects. Our locality charges for every plastic shopping bag we use, so I see some shopping bags in my future.
Next project was to go through multiple boxes and bags of partial projects I have inherited from a number of sources. I identified those I wanted to keep, those I wasn’t sure about and those I no longer wanted. On Thursday I took several bags to my stitching group. Each lady went away with something to add to their project piles and gave me a number of suggestions on what to do with the projects I am keeping.
In addition, all week I’ve been folding fabric to fit on my new shelves. I first thought I’d like the fabric vertical on the shelf, but I’m beginning to think stacking it horizontally I’ll get more per shelf.
Using two flat stacks, there is a small space which is filled with vertical folds.
More folding is scheduled for the weekend as well as some stitching. Hope you’re finding some stitching time.