Beginning a new week and nothing much on the Calendar. Thursday is the only day with an appointment, Stitch Group & Grocery Shopping. Looks like this may be another week of stitching!
This past weekend has been productive. We had lots of leftovers for dinner, but needed some breakfast & nibbles. So Saturday morning I made Bisquick Sausage Muffins, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (ok, these were from the freezer department in the grocery store, but I did bake them), and some Egg Muffins. Now we had breakfast for a couple of days. More free time for stitching!
Friday I spent finishing up adding sashing to the 2018 Project Linus Mystery QAL Challenge. I have one more block to finish and I will have most of the center of this quilt done. The side borders are pieced, so that will take a little time to do. So far, I’m pleased with my progress.
My February UFO was on the agenda for the weekend. My sewing room remodel/re-organization isn’t done, but even if it was, there is one thing it won’t have. I do have a nice cutting table, and will have a nice ironing station. What is lacking is a LARGE table/space for laying out quilts to sandwich (top/batting/backing) or stretch out to pin binding. I can’t crawl on the floor and bending over a bed doesn’t work. I do have a folding table that I can pull out and use. So out it came – filling the middle of my sewing room.
My old cutting table is a wobbly, folding table that stores folded to the left of my new cutting table. When I need space, I move a few things, and pull it out. It nearly fills the center of the room. It does block my Ironing Board (to the right in the picture below) and just a bit of room to the left is free for sitting at my sewing machine.
If you notice, my UFOs are numbered. I’m participating in APQ UFO Challenge. We began the year with a list of UFOs. I have 2 or 3 for each number – just in case I have time to work on more than one. At the beginning of the month we are given a number chosen at random, and that is the UFO to work on, or maybe complete, for the current month. So February’s number is #9 which, for me, is to add binding to two quilts.
My sewing machine wasn’t very cooperative. I had to change thread and bobbin and it kept throwing error messages – “Broken top thread” or “Broken Bobbin thread.” UGH! After re-threading over and over, I finally broke down and gave it a major cleaning, wound a new bobbin, and changed the needle. Finally we were happy again and got to stitching.
First on the agenda this week will be to finish the bindings then off to work on my OMG #2.