So we are starting a new year, and just what it will bring is anyone’s guess.
Looking back for a minute. I keep some quilting notes in an Excel worksheet to help me remember what I’ve done in my sewing room during the year. Briefly, this is my tally.
- 4 Travel Size Pillowcases
- 5 Standard Size Pillowcases
- 10 Quilts (Throws) or Quillows (some were UFO finishes)
- 15 Other Projects (Burp Cloths, Swaddle Blankets etc for newest Grandson)
- 14 Tops for Fabric Cafe Samples
- 312 Face Masks (Assisted in obtaining fabric for others making masks)
- 18 Scrub Caps (for Veterinarian & Dentist offices)
- Participated in 4 QALs (Quilt Alongs) – Fa La La Table Runner, Autumn Jubilee, Project Linus Mystery/Lucy’s Love Notes & OQV A-11 Under the Starry Sky ** Tops are done, or nearly done but all need quilting**
Project Linus has had a fall fundraiser Mystery Quilt Along for the past 6 years. This is 5th one that I have done. It is fun and always has something that improves my skills. It is currently at the Longarm Quilter. Once I get it back, I will add binding & and label.
The 2020 Autumn Jubilee Quilt from Carole at From My Carolina Home was made mostly from my stash. I want it to fit on our queen bed, so I added extra borders. I don’t have a picture of the top yet since I need to add the final border. This will head to the longarm quilter once I get the backing pieced. This is a picture of the top as finished before adding my extra borders.
Again in 2021 I will be participating in APQ’s UFO Challenge, Last year I only got two out of the list finished & gifted. Hoping to do better this year. My OMG (One Monthly Goal) was also set aside so will be working on them this year. I’ll post more about these later.
I’ve been organizing my fabric after my Christmas stitching, and sorting out what UFOs & OMGs I will work on this year. I discovered 10 quilt tops that need quilting. Five of them have backing fabric selected but not cut/pieced. The other five I will have to find backing. I’ve put these in a box and hope to get them all together soon. Most of my UFOs & OMGs are in plastic storages boxes, but a few that I will quilt on my sewing machine are hanging on the shelves in my sewing room.
Wishing you all a Blessed New Year & hoping you can get some stitching done.